My Mum and Dad

My Mum and Dad
Charladies Ball abt 1956/57

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Looking for Ancestors Overseas

Computers love them or hate them well depends on if it going your way, I have had to get a new computer so not only going through who I lost between last backup & what I done
I had been finding some of the ancestors while not direct line they be siblings of my so many times grandparents ect.
Well I been told of a site   Family Search   but they have a new way of searching so off I go via internet to search for people in the UK while there I browsed their catalogue & went to the Asian records for DH & I had much more success there for him than I had for me as not only did I find more out father's name was given more often than not on there so did well.
I am still trying to get to grips with the computer & the different ways of doing things but at least I am having luck with the family tree so may be if you get stuck give the site a try

No comments: