My Mum and Dad

My Mum and Dad
Charladies Ball abt 1956/57

Monday 21 June 2010

1911 Census

While the World Cup Football has been on I been taking advantage of a offer to see records when England are playing their games.
Well I was looking for Charles Pettitt (aka Poulter) & I found him with his brother Robert now this find has been great as it given me his family which I didn't know about as not found him before so that was good.
I also received a marriage certificate I had ordered for Jesse Barnes as on his marriage in 1936 I found out he was a widow so got his first marriage certificate he married a Alice Bloomfield in 1923 Cambridge.
I also been getting bits on other members of my side of the family using the 1911 census mostly siblings of my direct line but it certainly been interesting.
How I gone about it is by making a list of ones I want to try to find that way I not wasted time thinking of who it was I wanted to look for as the free offer is only for 90 minutes & believe me that soon goes.
As Yesterday was Father's day I am putting a photo of my Dad on it was taken during WW2 he passed away 22 years ago on the 27th June so this is to say your not forgotten plus I do think this is a really nice photo of him.

No comments: