My Mum and Dad

My Mum and Dad
Charladies Ball abt 1956/57

Monday 14 June 2010

Thurston Grange & Ada & Harry Game

While England was playing their football/soccer match in the World Cup on Saturday there was a offer on to free access to records at   FindMyPast    so of course I took advantage of it well so did a lot of people as the site was very slow am hoping that when England play in their next 2 matches it won't be so bad as the offer is on for all England games
Anyway I found James & Harriet Barnes nee Turner daughter Ada Rebecca Game nee Barnes with her husband Harry.
Harry is down on the 1911 census as a Groom & they lived at Thurston Grange Bury St Edmunds Suffolk.
Well did a bit of searching & the place is now a hotel below is a photo of how it looks now but if you go to   Thurston Grange   this link will take you to the history of the grange & if you click on home when there you see the plush place it is now now if I save up may be I will one day go there for a meal & be where my Gt Grand Aunt & her husband worked & lived, Harry in later life was in the Woodbridge (Mental Hospital) where he died 1924 age 59 Ada went on to live 1936 age 70 They are buried in Holy Innocent Church at Gt Barton Suffolk & a photo of their grave is below.


No comments: