My Mum and Dad

My Mum and Dad
Charladies Ball abt 1956/57

Thursday 12 August 2010

Family Medical History

Doing family research you learn a lot about your family.
I have Glaucoma & take drops morning & night, & at present have to have a field vision test for the DVLA (Driving License people) to see if I can still drive.
Now this is something that the family which includes siblings as well as my children should be aware of as it runs in families.
Also while my mum got Diabetes late in life she was turn 90 I have a brother who has it, doing the family research I learnt that a Great Grandfather on my mother's side had it as it was one of the things that is on his death certificate so while this is not running wild it something to be aware of.
Same with other medical conditions be it sight, hearing, heart or something else at least you would be able to give a more complete medical history & some conditions you need to be checked for after a certain age so you should discuss with your family the medical history you have or learn that the family has also it may save your life.
To finish off I thought I would share a photo of my 3 children when they were children, these same children now have children of their own some even older than them Karl was about 6, Donna about 4 & Stuart about 3 if that

Karl Left, Donna Back & Stuart Right

No comments: