My Mum and Dad

My Mum and Dad
Charladies Ball abt 1956/57

Wednesday 29 September 2010

A bit of a Mystery

I have a bit of a mystery to solve, I have the 1911 census which is for George Henry & Eliza Emma Storey nee Chidgey.
On it they have got 2 sons George James age 1 (I know he was born Sept. 1909) & another George 2 days old.
Now the mystery is I know George James lives as he was my uncle George who was married to Doris Victoria Smith aunt dolly she was my dad's sister.
The Storey family also has a connections to my Dad's mum as George Henry was brother to Eliza 1st husband Arthur & also brother to John William Storey who was my Dad grandfather.
Anyway why is the 2 day old George called the same name as his older brother who is alive, I have checked & there two births one is for an Arthur but registered in Pancras & the other Joseph J registered in Hackney & as they was living in Bethnal Green this seems the most likely.
I can't say that I ever heard that my uncle George had a brother there is a death in Sept quarter of 1911 for a Joseph J Storey so I think this could be the one but to be sure would need to get the birth certificate unless anyone can shed any light on the matter

No comments: